Retargeting

When shopping for something online, do you purchase it from the first website that you find it? Probably not. You identify a need, then search and compare multiple websites, prices, brands, and/or models. This is where retargeting comes in. Once a potential customer visits your site, they are “tagged”, and the retargeting process knows that they are looking for what you sell. By using a retargeting strategy with retargeting ads, you can make sure those users continue to see your ads after they leave your site. This keeps them in the sales cycle and your product stays fresh in their mind.

Retargeting converts window-shoppers into buyers. Generally 2% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store. Retargeting can bring back the other 98%. Retargeting works by keeping track of people who visit your site, then displaying your retargeting ads to them as they visit other sites.

The main types of retargeting campaigns

  • Awareness campaigns are useful when you want to re-engage website visitors and tell them about relevant products, features, or announcements.
  • Conversion goals get people to click on your ad and take a next step, such as filling out a landing page form. They can be measured with typical conversion metrics like website clicks, form submission, and cost per lead (CPL).
  • Google Remarketing: Remarketing helps you reach people who have visited your website or used your app. Previous visitors or users can see your ads as they browse websites that are part of the Google Display Network, or as they search for terms related to your products or services on Google.
  • Adroll: This is done by placing a JavaScript tag in the footer of your website. This tag creates a list of people that visit your site by placing anonymous retargeting "cookies" in their browser. This list allows AdRoll (or other retargeting vendors) to display retargeting ads to your potential customers as they visit other sites. Since AdRoll works with the largest ad exchanges, we can retarget your customers just about anywhere they go online.

If you want to learn more about how retargeting can increase your sales, contact us today for a no-obligation consult.